Madison Family Law Attorney
Madison Long Term Disability Attorney
I would like to hear from you and want you to know the following important information before you send me an email from our website:
• Sending me an email containing your private, confidential or privileged information will not create an attorney-client relationship with me.
• Before I agree to be your attorney, I must first investigate and confirm that we have no conflict of interest.
• Before I agree to be your attorney, I cannot ensure the secrecy and confidentiality of any private, confidential or privileged information that you send me by email.
By sending me an email, you confirm you have read and understood this disclaimer.
Katelynn Williams is an associate attorney in Hawks Quindel’s Madison, Wisconsin office. She represents people who face the challenge of an unfair employer, big insurance company, or difficult family situation with commitment and compassion. Attorney Williams’ practice areas include:
• Long-term disability benefits. Attorney Williams represents disabled workers who have been denied long-term disability insurance benefits. She brings strong appeals by working closely with clients and their medical providers.
• Employee benefits. Attorney Williams represents and advises individuals with questions regarding a range of employee benefits, including life insurance, health insurance, pension benefits, COBRA continuation coverage, and Wisconsin Department of Employee Trust Funds benefits.
• Wage and hour litigation. Attorney Williams works to recover employees’ unpaid wages, often through class action claims brought on behalf of groups of workers wrongfully denied the wages that they earned.
• Family law. Attorney Williams represents family law clients in a diverse array of family law matters, including divorce, child custody and placement disputes, grandparent rights cases, property division, paternity, and post-judgment matters. She approaches family law cases with compassion and practicality, and strives to achieve the best result for her clients.
Attorney Williams joins Hawks Quindel’s office in 2015, after working as a law clerk for the firm since 2013. As a law clerk, Attorney Williams gained valuable experience and learned from the firm’s experts while working on Hawks Quindel’s wage and hour and long term disability teams. She worked as clerk on cases dealing with employees who are not paid overtime wages, who are not paid for every hour they work, or who are not paid the minimum wage. She has also worked on disability benefit appeal matters at both the federal court and administrative appeal levels.
During law school, Attorney Williams worked in the Economic Justice Institute’s Family Court Clinic, where she provided legal assistance to underserved populations in the Madison, Wisconsin area. In the Family Court Clinic, she frequently assisted clients in Dane County Circuit Court, on matters including divorce, child custody and placement, paternity, child support, and grandparents’ rights.
Attorney Williams received the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers’ Leonard Loeb Award for her outstanding work in family law as a law student. She also received the Dean’s Academic Achievement Award, the Wisconsin Idea Merit Scholarship, and the Legal Association of Women’s Dedication Scholarship.
Attorney Williams graduated magna cum laude from the University of Wisconsin Law School. She graduated from University of Wisconsin-La Crosse in December 2010 as a Dean’s List student with majors in Economics and Finance and a minor in French.