Union Governance and State and Federal RegulationHelping Organized Labor Understand and Adhere to the Changing Legal Landscape
During the last two decades there has been a significant increase in the number of requests we have received from union clients for legal counsel and representation in matters that involve the intersection between state and federal regulation and the administration of their unions. An example of the legal issues includes:
- The Federal Elections Act and State Campaign Finance laws
- Federal and State tax law
- Officer liability
- Duty of Fair Representation Defense
- Department of Labor Audits and Compliance with US DOL Regulations
- Defense of Fair Share and other union security provisions (Hudson/Beck compliance)
If your union has an issue in any of these or similar areas, fee free to contact one of our labor attorneys.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss your situation or legal rights with a Wisconsin labor law attorney.