Aetna’s History of Disability Insurance Denials
Aetna is an insurance company based in Hartford, Connecticut. Founded in 1853, Aetna has a nationwide presence offering a variety of insurance products such as disability insurance and health insurance products. These products are meant to protect you financially in the event of a medical or health crisis. If your insurance claim is denied when you need benefits most, Hawks Quindel can help.
In recent years, Aetna settled numerous lawsuits with individuals and states related to its breach of patient confidentiality. An Aetna vendor mailed letters revealing the HIV status of nearly 12,000 policyholders in the summer of 2017. One settlement was valued at $17 million. The company also settled with New York, Connecticut, Washington, New Jersey, the District of Columbia, and California. Those settlements were valued at nearly $3 million.
Hawks Quindel has also obtained approvals of disability insurance claims after it has appealed the Aetna’s wrongful denials of benefits. As demonstrated by these decisions, insurance companies such as Aetna can be held accountable for their actions, including if they deny legitimate claims. Hawks Quindel is on the frontlines fighting for people’s rights.
Denied by Aetna? Here’s How We Can Help
- We work with you and your doctors to gather statements, medical records and other documentation needed to support your claim with the disability insurance company.
- We appeal disability insurance denials, building your case with factual and legal arguments to prove you are entitled to LTDI benefits under the insurance policy.
- If your disability appeal is unsuccessful, we pursue litigation in state or federal court to recover the disability insurance benefits owed to you. We have extensive experience with state and federal laws, and understand how to navigate the legal system in order to enforce your rights.
What Should You Do if Denied by Aetna?
- Contact us via phone or email form (at right) to tell us about your disability insurance claim appeal.
- We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you do not pay a fee unless we are successful.
- Our attorneys will review your case and someone will get back to you within 24 hours.
- If we can represent you with your LTDI benefits claim with Aetna, we will enter into a legal services agreement. Let our attorneys take it from there.
About Our Law Firm
Hawks Quindel, S.C. is a full-service law firm specializing disability insurance appeals. We only represent individuals and never insurance companies. Our team of Long Term Disability Insurance Attorneys, based in Madison and Milwaukee, Wisconsin have the experience and record of success to deliver consistent positive outcomes.
Our Wisconsin LTDI Benefits Attorneys are dedicated advocates for Wisconsin’s injured and disabled. It is our privilege to represent people in their legal challenges, particularly when that means securing the LTDI benefits you deserve. Contact us today to speak with our Wisconsin LTDI Benefits Attorneys.
Tell us Your Story.
We’ll Tell you If We Can Help.