Mutual of Omaha’s History of Disability Insurance Denials
Mutual of Omaha is an insurance company that is based in Omaha, Nebraska. Founded in 1909, Mutual of Omaha has a nationwide presence offering a variety of financial services and insurance products such as disability insurance and health insurance. These products are meant to protect you financially in the event of a medical or health crisis. If your insurance claim is denied when you need benefits most, Hawks Quindel can help.
In recent years, Mutual of Omaha entered into a settlement with the State of Massachusetts related to their practice of denying life insurance and long-term care coverage to individuals taking HIV prevention medication. The company also paid the State $25,000 as a condition of the settlement. Additionally, in 2019, Mutual of Omaha agreed to pay nearly $650,000 in compensation and fines to New York State and policyholders related to its annuity business.
Hawks Quindel has also obtained approvals of disability insurance claims after it has appealed the Mutual of Omaha’s wrongful denials of benefits and just as recently as 2021, Hawks Quindel was able to convince a Court that Mutual of Omaha had incorrectly denied an individual’s benefits without adequately explaining its reasoning. Fetter v. United of Omaha Life Ins. Co., 2021 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 87671, 2021 WL 842463 (E.D. Wisc. May 7, 2021).
As demonstrated by these decisions, insurance companies such as Mutual of Omaha can be held accountable if they deny legitimate claims. Hawks Quindel is on the frontlines fighting for people’s rights.
Denied byMutual of Omaha? Here’s How We Can Help
- We work with you and your doctors to gather statements, medical records and other documentation needed to support your claim with the disability insurance company.
- We appeal disability insurance denials, building your case with factual and legal arguments to prove you are entitled to LTDI benefits under the insurance policy.
- If your disability appeal is unsuccessful, we pursue litigation in state or federal court to recover the disability insurance benefits owed to you. We have extensive experience with state and federal laws, and understand how to navigate the legal system in order to enforce your rights.
What Should You Do if Denied by Mutual of Omaha?
- Contact us via phone or email form (at right) to tell us about your disability insurance claim appeal.
- We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you do not pay a fee unless we are successful.
- Our attorneys will review your case and someone will get back to you within 24 hours.
- If we can represent you with your LTDI benefits claim with Mutual of Omaha, we will enter into a legal services agreement. Let our attorneys take it from there.
About Our Law Firm
Hawks Quindel, S.C. is a full-service law firm specializing disability insurance appeals. We only represent individuals and never insurance companies. Our team of Long Term Disability Insurance Attorneys, based in Madison and Milwaukee, Wisconsin have the experience and record of success to deliver consistent positive outcomes.
Our Wisconsin LTDI Benefits Attorneys are dedicated advocates for Wisconsin’s injured and disabled. It is our privilege to represent people in their legal challenges, particularly when that means securing the LTDI benefits you deserve. Contact us today to speak with our Wisconsin LTDI Benefits Attorneys.
Tell us Your Story.
We’ll Tell you If We Can Help.