Hawks Quindel is committed to helping the communities in which we live and work. Our attorneys and staff are involved in a number of service organizations.
Our attorneys serve on the board of organizations such as:
- Worker Justice Wisconsin, a coalition of individuals, religious congregations, interfaith bodies, labor unions, and community organizations concerned about economic and worker justice
- Commonwealth Development, a nonprofit organization that provides services to support and preserve the viability of neighborhoods in the Madison Metropolitan area
- Benedict Center, an interfaith nonprofit agency working with victims, offenders, and the community to achieve a system of criminal justice that is fair and treats every person involved with dignity and respect
- The Milwaukee chapter of the ACLU, members of which advocate for local civil liberties issues
- WUWM Advisory Board – Milwaukee affiliate for National Public Radio
- Madison Museum of Contemporary Art, providing museum exhibitions and education programs free to the public
Pro Bono & Other Volunteer Work
- Legal Action of Wisconsin’s Eviction Defense Clinic, representing individuals at eviction trials in Dane County
- Milwaukee Justice Center, providing a variety of pro bono legal services to low income, underrepresented litigants
- Trans Law Help Wisconsin, volunteering with the name and gender change clinic
- Wills for Heroes, assisting with essential legal documents free of charge for first responders
- Voces de la Frontera, providing volunteer legal services. Voces is the largest and most active organization in Wisconsin representing immigrant workers
- Diversity Scholarship Foundation, providing mentorship to first generation law students
The Milwaukee office is also a sponsor of the “Run for Justice,” the largest annual fund raiser for the Milwaukee Justice Center, and has been involved in election protection efforts monitoring polling places on Election Day.
The Madison office hosts an annual “Women Empowering Women” networking event.
Other organizations to which Hawks Quindel has provided financial donations include:
- Professional Fire Fighters of Wisconsin Charitable Fund, which provides many services to the victims of emergencies and runs the Burn Camp, a summer camp for children who suffered serious burn injuries
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), an organization that provides education, support, and advocacy for people affected by mental illness
- Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS), which offers a wide array of crisis services for survivors of domestic violence in Dane County
- Porchlight, an organization which strives to reduce homelessness in Dane County and provides shelter, affordable housing, and supportive services
- Community Shares of Wisconsin, a group which seeks to address social, economic, and environmental problems through grassroots activities, advocacy, research, and public education
- UW Black Law Students Association, an organization at the UW Law School which seeks to serve the educational, social, and professional interests of Black law students
- Legal Interventions for Transforming (LIFT) Dane, whose mission is to provide legal assistance to clear civil legal barriers to economic prosperity for Dane County families, to transform legal and court systems to prevent economic drags, and to contribute to national reform movements to improve access to civil legal justice
- Goodman Community Center, which provides various programs for community assistance and enrichment in Madison, including school supply drives, a holiday gift sponsorship program, and cultural events
- NAACP & NAACP Legal Defense Fund, supporting the annual fundraiser, assisting their goals of securing the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights in order to eliminate race-based discrimination and ensure the health and well-being of all persons
- Latinos United for College Education Scholarships (LUCES), committed to “promoting and advocating for the higher educational advancement of Latinos through the provision of merit and need based scholarships”
- Dreamers of Wisconsin, advocating for both undocumented and DACAmented students pursuing higher education in Dane County.