Madison Employment Attorney
Madison Labor Attorney
I would like to hear from you and want you to know the following important information before you send me an email from our website:
• Sending me an email containing your private, confidential or privileged information will not create an attorney-client relationship with me.
• Before I agree to be your attorney, I must first investigate and confirm that we have no conflict of interest.
• Before I agree to be your attorney, I cannot ensure the secrecy and confidentiality of any private, confidential or privileged information that you send me by email.
By sending me an email, you confirm you have read and understood this disclaimer.
Nicholas E. Fairweather has represented Wisconsin employees, labor unions, and consumers in a variety of disputes, inside and outside of the workplace.
- He represents the interests of municipal, State, and school district employees throughout the State as they are forced to maneuver their way through a thicket of administrative rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
- He pursues civil rights and discrimination claims on behalf of employees.
- He is also well-versed in the employment and property issues facing
publicand private sector science professionals.
- He has represented State whistleblowers in the litigation of their complaints and lawsuits.
- He represents the interests of victims of workplace discrimination and retaliation, including claims under the State of Wisconsin Fair Employment Law, the Madison Equal Employment Opportunities ordinance; Title VII of the federal Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act, and the federal and state Family and Medical Leave Act(s).
With a team of accomplished professionals, Mr. Fairweather successfully obtains resolutions both through mediation and litigation before all administrative and judicial forums.
Not all employment work involves disputes. Mr. Fairweather also:
- Reviews employment-related contracts, including severance, separation, waiver and release agreements.
- Reviews and
adviseson the legal effect of non-compete and other restrictive covenants.
- Provides counsel and guidance relating to intellectual property issues.
In early 2016, Mr. Fairweather and his co-counsel successfully settled a federal lawsuit alleging discrimination and retaliation in violation of the federal Americans with Disabilities Act and Family and Medical Leave Act.
Mr. Fairweather regularly represents public employees in disputes with municipal, county, state and school district employers.