Sedgwick’s History of Disability Insurance Denials
Sedgwick Claims Management serves as a third party administrator for company health and disability insurance plans. As such, Sedgwick carries out the company’s responsibilities for determining whether you are entitled to benefits under the employer’s benefit plans.
It is not uncommon for third party administrators such as Sedgwick to use nurse case managers or hired doctors to make medical findings, including whether you are disabled and entitled to disability benefits. If your long term disability insurance claim has been denied by Sedgwick, Hawks Quindel will fight to get you the benefits you deserve.
Sedgwick’s practices have been challenged by individuals and the government. In January 2021, Judge Griesbach of the United States District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin reversed Sedgwick’s decision to deny short-term disability insurance to a Wisconsin employee represented by Hawks Quindel. Laux v. Am. Axle & Mfg., No. 20-c-270 (E.D. Wis. Jan. 28, 2021). In 2016, Sedgwick agreed to pay California $1.13 million to settle an investigation by the state worker’s compensation agency over the company’s claims review practices.
As demonstrated by these decisions, companies such as Sedgwick can be held accountable if they deny legitimate claims. Hawks Quindel is on the frontlines fighting for people’s rights.
 Sedgwick has appealed this decision to the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
Denied by Sedgwick? Here’s How We Can Help
- We work with you and your doctors to gather statements, medical records and other documentation needed to support your claim with the disability insurance company.
- We appeal disability insurance denials, building your case with factual and legal arguments to prove you are entitled to LTDI benefits under the insurance policy.
- If your disability appeal is unsuccessful, we pursue litigation in state or federal court to recover the disability insurance benefits owed to you. We have extensive experience with state and federal laws, and understand how to navigate the legal system in order to enforce your rights.
What Should You Do if Denied by Sedgwick?
- Contact us via phone or email form (at right) to tell us about your disability insurance claim appeal.
- We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you do not pay a fee unless we are successful.
- Our attorneys will review your case and someone will get back to you within 24 hours.
- If we can represent you with your LTDI benefits claim with Sedgwick, we will enter into a legal services agreement. Let our attorneys take it from there.
About Our Law Firm
Hawks Quindel, S.C. is a full-service law firm specializing disability insurance appeals. We only represent individuals and never insurance companies. Our team of Long Term Disability Insurance Attorneys, based in Madison and Milwaukee, Wisconsin have the experience and record of success to deliver consistent positive outcomes.
Our Wisconsin LTDI Benefits Attorneys are dedicated advocates for Wisconsin’s injured and disabled. It is our privilege to represent people in their legal challenges, particularly when that means securing the LTDI benefits you deserve. Contact us today to speak with our Wisconsin LTDI Benefits Attorneys.
Tell us Your Story.
We’ll Tell you If We Can Help.