The Standard’s History of Disability Insurance Denials
The Standard has been around for over a century, originally named Oregon Life Insurance Company and eventually changing its name to The Standard Insurance Company in 1946. The Standard offers a variety of insurance products including disability insurance, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, dental and vision insurance and retirement plans. Notwithstanding The Standard’s history, if your benefits claim is denied by The Standard, Hawks Quindel will fight to get you the benefits you deserve.
The Standard’s practices have been challenged by individuals and the government. In 2016, Standard Insurance Company was subject to a multistate examination led by five states. The company agreed to pay $277,000 and reform its practices relating to its life insurance business. In 2017, Standard Insurance Company settled a class action for $2.4 million brought by New Mexico public employees who had been denied life insurance benefits.
As demonstrated by these actions, insurance companies such as The Standard can be held accountable if they deny legitimate claims. Hawks Quindel is on the frontlines fighting for people’s rights.
Denied by The Standard Here’s How We Can Help
- We work with you and your doctors to gather statements, medical records and other documentation needed to support your claim with the disability insurance company.
- We appeal disability insurance denials, building your case with factual and legal arguments to prove you are entitled to LTDI benefits under the insurance policy.
- If your disability appeal is unsuccessful, we pursue litigation in state or federal court to recover the disability insurance benefits owed to you. We have extensive experience with state and federal laws, and understand how to navigate the legal system in order to enforce your rights.
What Should You Do if Denied by The Standard?
- Contact us via phone or email form (at right) to tell us about your disability insurance claim appeal.
- We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you do not pay a fee unless we are successful.
- Our attorneys will review your case and someone will get back to you within 24 hours.
- If we can represent you with your LTDI benefits claim with The Standard, we will enter into a legal services agreement. Let our attorneys take it from there.
About Our Law Firm
Hawks Quindel, S.C. is a full-service law firm specializing disability insurance appeals. We only represent individuals and never insurance companies. Our team of Long Term Disability Insurance Attorneys, based in Madison and Milwaukee, Wisconsin have the experience and record of success to deliver consistent positive outcomes.
Our Wisconsin LTDI Benefits Attorneys are dedicated advocates for Wisconsin’s injured and disabled. It is our privilege to represent people in their legal challenges, particularly when that means securing the LTDI benefits you deserve. Contact us today to speak with our Wisconsin LTDI Benefits Attorneys.
Tell us Your Story.
We’ll Tell you If We Can Help.