On September 26, 2019, Attorney Summer Murshid will partner with Little Sprouts Play Café to present a Know Your Rights Workshop for working parents. She will discuss a variety of issues that impact parents in the workplace, including:
- Pregnant and working: Restrictions, accommodations, and doctor’s notes for pregnant women
- FMLA leave – when to apply, how much can you take and can Dad’s take it too?
- Pumping problems – nursing and lactation accommodations;
- Caregiver/parental discrimination – what does it look like and what can you do?
- Q and A Session
Attorney Murshid is a Milwaukee-based mom of three who specializes in employment law. When she isn’t chasing her toddlers around, she’s working with employees to navigate the different issues that arise in the workplace, including issues that impact parents and families. The event is free to attend but advance registration is required. Visit: https://www.littlesproutsplaycafe.com/event-info/know-your-rights-fmla-leave-and-pregnancy-pumping-at-work. Light appetizers and beverages will be provided.
- Charlton to Speak to Medical Residents on Negotiating their Employment Agreements. - March 25, 2021
- Congratulations! - December 17, 2020
- Family Law Article by Amy Shapiro and Kathy Charlton Is Published in the Wisconsin Journal of Family Law. - September 24, 2020